Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The meme going around

Princess: What does meme mean anyway?
See how hip we are?.... not. hey we are from the 90's kitties (prehistoric almost)

Well, we were tagged by Willow for the latest thingie going around and we are going to try to give it a go here: Boy, this was a toughie!
How Do you Achieve Balance in Your Life?
Princess: Here are the major things that require balancing:
upstairs and downstairs,
napping together, napping separately,
getting into things, leaving things be,
eating, snacking, nibbling.
drinking from the sink, the shower room, the various bowls,
playing with our old boring toys, or stealing socks, chewing on plants or plastic
on top or burrowing
when and where to groom
groom yourself, or help eachother
and finally making full use of the two litter boxes.

Caesar and I achieve these things on a daily basis by communicating and keeping checklists to ensure that all major requirements are covered daily (I am a lists kind of kittygirl).
I also have a very good sense of time, so I know when things need to be accomplished.
Caesar is a great teamplayer. we work together to accomplish these simple life enhancing priorities.

What is your biggest challenge in balancing your life?:
Caesar: well, basikly, our biggest challenge is mommie and daddie. They are pretty erratic and completely unpredictable!!! Princess: agreed

What are your Priorities?:
Caesar: My priorities all depend on mood, same with Prinnie. If we are in the mood for something we go for it without a second thought. You never know what happens in the future so you have to go with the present, or next thing you know, while you are simply tossing the idea of a snack in your head, suddenly you hear doors slam and then just like that, the peepul are no where to be found!
Princess: One thing we learned from gramma and grampa... if you have the desire and the energy, then do the thing you want to do. You might wake up dead tomorrow. For instance, gramma and grampa eat cookies as if they might die tomorrow (like 20 bajillionsquillion a day, in all styles, shapes and flavors)! >click on this one to biggify the cookie nibblers in action!!<

How have your priorities changed over the time and why?:
Princess: Wow, this is a great question. Of course things have changed! A lot has changed here in the past 15 and a half years. We are older and a lot wiser. Caesar and I work pretty closely together on this. We have our set plan every day and try to make the rounds every hour or so. Our priorities are fresh water, a variety of snacks, clean, cozy environment, and for me, selective petting, Caesar is a lot more liberal with the touching. I am not too interested in lap time... mommie is too fidgety, daddie is very warm, I prefer his lap. Caesar loves mommie, but he is much more easy going, he is also a glutton for praise. I miss Blizzie. She really was my girl and I used to spend all of my time with her... so it has been a huge adjustment for me since she went to kollig. I would say this has been a year of changes and I particularly feel as though I am still adjusting and I am not sure what my priorities are. When we were younger, we were like wild monkeys and if we could dream it we did it... (once, I climbed up the insulation in the basement, and got behind it, that was great fun until mommie cut me out. Caesar was the jumper, nothing was impossible, using the stairs was for sissies. He used to get in the pantry and chew boxes of food open and eat it, didn't matter what it was). But now life is different, really different. We are not so busy investigating and inspecting everything every day.
Caesar: mommie did not go to kollig and I am happy about that, because if she did, I would be peeing everywhere!

What advice can you share to help all of us balance our own lives?:
Caesar and Princess: State your desires. Purr often. Appreciate the little things. Be patient and tolerant. Always give unconditional love to the beans.

We hope this was fun to read and somewhat helpful!

Tagging:
I blindfolded myself and picked these 5 names out of an olde easter bonnet of Blizzies:
  1. Chase the tiggercat
  2. Pumpkin
  3. Rocky the gutter cat
  4. Kat 3
  5. Chairman MaoMao
Have fun!!

==>>>Now Caesar will go around and inform these lucky chosen on their bloggies!

Don't forget to have a look at our bloggie below.... especially our baby picture!

18 comments:

Tommy and Teaghan said...

We like yur advice *appreciate the little things*. Beau Beau unfortunately doesn't really know how to purr. He jus breaves heavy an finks he's purring. Maybe when he gets older he will purr like a *normal* cat. Then *unconditional love*. Yeah. We likes that lots. Yur beans are furry lucky to haf all dat love from you.

MaoMao said...

Wowie, thanks for taggin' me! The meme looks like fun. My sisters and me will get going on it tomorrow.

Purrs and kittyhugs from MaoMao!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Furry good answers! I totally agree with your grandbeans about eatin' cookies whenever possible. I like cookies a whole lot!
DMM

sammawow said...

Oh my, you two had a terrific list!

I, of course, completely agree with the part about "state your desires" - mine being food!
~Willow

And my "desire", which is firmly and loudly stated, is to be on my Lap Lady's lap!
~China Cat

Purrrrrr, China Cat & Willow

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Soooo true with the priorities...it duz depend on yer moods.

Yoo made yer mommy cut yoo owt of the howse walls...way to go, Prinnie!

We know yoo miss yer best buddie Blizzie but shes getting smart so she can make green bills (not tasty like green catgrass) and buy yoo fud furevur!!

Tara said...

Very nice priorities. Yes, Mom and Dad can be a problem in trying to maintain balance!
Tara

Around Your Wrist said...

caesar, it sounds like you and i had a few things in common in our younger years. i could jump ANYWHERE! from the floor to well over 6 feet high. now, i have to take a rest on the clothes hanger before i make the shelf.

actually, i don't really jump much any more. i find my balance on the couch, or the tall pile of pillows on mama's bed.

--suz

Daisy said...

You have good answers! I especially liked the part about if you have the desire and energy, you should do the thing you want to do. I am going to eat Temptations like there is no tomorrow!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great advice Prinnie and Caesar. :) Thank you for sharing your experience and wisdom with us younger kitties. :) I like what you've learned from youg gramma and grampa to do the thing you want to do.

Parker said...

Your gramma and grampa have the right idea! And it is important to appreciate the little things, otherwise you might miss the big picture too!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Prinne & Ceaser

You thought a lot about your answers. Wow I am impressed! What you said was so true...and OH we loved your baby picture!!!

Abby

LZ said...

You guys have obviously learned a lot of things over your 15 years. I'm glad you're sharing because I know I still have lots to learn!

Kaze

Unknown said...

We are all still relatively young kitties, so we still have a lot to learn...You sure put a lot of thought into your answers!

MaoMao said...

hehehe, me and my sisters have done the meme -- wowie, that was fun, and my sisters enjoyed talkin' on the bloggie.

Forty Paws said...

Those were wonderful and informative answers. We're glad you've achieved balance over your long lives.

Luf, Us

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Fangtastic answers, we can tell you really thought out those answers and answered truthfully and wisely. We learned a lot ~Poiland Tribe

Ivan from WMD said...

Great answers! I especially liked the advice.

Karen Jo said...

I can tell that you put a lot of thought into your answers. I like the advice to do what you can and want to from your grandparents. About the book idea, I am planning to put all the limericks into a book someday, but it is going to take a long time to write enough limericks to fill a book.