Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Friday

This has been a busy and exhausting week.
Monday was the only opportunity I had to skate. Tuesday we had a snow storm, and I hung around the house, no... first, I drove to the fabric store in the morning to get some fabric to make some cute valences (knowing that I was going to be stuck in the house for a while) when I got home, hubby and I just watched the snow... and I sewed.
I did not shovel the driveway, because we were expecting ice over night (so it is better to let the snow stay on the drive and side walk) We did get a lot of ice and snow over night. It was freezing and very windy. So then the rest of the week, we just cleaned up the snow, I did a lot of cleaning in the house and e-mailed my parents and basically kept in touch with them after they lost power at 5:30 Tuesday night! They live an hour and a half away in Annapolis and the roads were even too horrible here for me to go and rescue them! Besides, they are tough and would not want to come over here anyway.. they like to be with their own stuff. My dad said this was not a big deal, because they lived in Holland during WW2 and went for two years with out electricity. Well, that is great dad, but... you and mom were only 20 years old then, not 80!

Today my oldest daughter took the train home from college (William and Mary). It is nice to see her. We just returned from eating dinner at the Clyde's restaurant in our neighborhood. I am really really full of food.

Here are the latest pics of Caesar and Prinnie.
They are old and very spoiled.. that is what happens when the girls go off to college... Caesar and Princess get way too much attention.. and they adore it.

Caesar loves the heat vent over the fridge
and he is still agile enough to jump up above the cabinets.
I have a few old towels up there for him to lounge on. Sometimes he sits up there for hours.... look at him up there glaring at me :-D mom, I did not give you permission to take my picture in such a drowsy state *snap* Heyyyy!















Okay well I still do not get the whole thing with putting pictures on. I guess this looks okay.
Prinnie loves fleece. she also loves being snuggly.

I am going to end here and wish everyone a super wonderful sunshiny week~end.

You can do anything, anything you want;
there is only one thing you must do...
pay the price.


6 comments:

Lux said...

Such cute photos of Caesar and Prinnie.

I hope all the snow and ice melts soon and it turns warm where you are.

Have a nice relaxing evening!

Gattina said...

Prinnie would be THE girl for Arthur ! They so much look alike. I love your kitty pictures and the especially the one with the cat high on the wardrobe !

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great photos of Caesar and Prinnie. :) I like fleece too, so I think Prinnie has very good taste.

I hope you get some good weather soon!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Hi, Rosemary,

We saw your comments on Daisy's blog and, seeing that you're a Northern Virginia neighbor, we decided to visit. We live in the Manassas area (Mom is a native) and our mom works in Fairfax.

Do you think that NoVa houses are "New Englandy?" We think they're more "colonial," more like Williamsburg, where your daughter goes to school. Our mom is a W&M alum.

We either want a real snowstorm with at least six inches of snow, or we want all this ice to melt away and be done with it!

Cheers,
~J&B

Daisy said...

I love to get high and climb on the kitchen cabinets too! And I agree that fleece is the BEST for snuggling.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer rosemary,
i am a cat ... but i will try mi bes spellin fer u.
i wanna comment on yer butt-kickz. i am verree impressed!
mi mom should try dat. den maybe she would be able to skate, too!
yerz--jh