Monday, February 26, 2007

Someday, I am going to learn how to make a "blog roll" give me some time...

What a day.
I did not skate today because I was grumpy and.... and stiff.
We received 7 inches of snow here (it does not look like it in these pics because... I took these this morning after some sleet last night and now it is melty) and clearing the driveway and the sidewalk (sidewalks - state law) was a lot of work, but you know. I love doing that stuff, sweating, and slaving. It makes me buff and I get more snacks, extra chocolate and huge mus-kles.

look, you can see the "funny" morphed houses across the street



I did some laundry. goodie.
Hubby and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood. Everything is melting quickly and it is puddly everywhere. We wore our snow boots and klomped around - mostly in the woods.

One reason I did not drive out to Cabin John was that I just got my car all cleaned ($10 carwash) and wonderful, shiny on Friday and then this snowstorm came.... Hubby wanted me to take that dopey purpleygrey Buick Car ^ up there. It is a "courtesy car" from Saab, because the Saab is getting a whole new transmission and will be in the shop for a few weeks.... anyway.
I drive the Mazda now because the seats are softer and cushier for my super athletic butt and the added benefit is the Mazda does not drive like a rocket, which keeps me out of trouble (personal choice there). I did not feel like driving that stoopid courtesy car!!!! It looks oooglie and I did not feel like driving a rental car. grrrrr. So. I did not skate. I know. I am still an impossible crab.

Sometimes I even amaze myself. If I had driven this purpleygrey bomb to the rink... I would have had a fun time.
You see, finally in the end... hubby said "go ahead and drive your clean car, it is okay"... but I could not do that because, after so many years of marriage, I have acquired his clean car obsession.

I have more snow pictures but they will have to wait for another time, because I have to create something for dinner now.
Tomorrow... I am going to the rink. I have gotten so bad about skating. bad bad bad
Today would have been fun, and totally worth a dirty car... oh well.
Caesar mid-blink.

Prin in her bloo cave



Okay. Now I really need to go.



The world is round
and the place which may seem like the end
may also be only the beginning.

~Ivy Baker Priest

2 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

we gots lots of snow here too - 6 more inches last night.

Daisy said...

Oh, those pictures really bring back memories of our time living in Virginia!

I do not blame you for not driving the ooglie car. Caesar and Prinnie look so sleepy and cute.